It should surely come as no surprise that this huge state is a very, very varied place. From the southern deserts, to the bright lights of Los Angeles, to the Redwood forests, the Pacific coastline, the central Californian vineyards and the soaring peaks of the Sierras – this is a state that truly has a lot to offer. But is this location the right place for you to visit on your next vacation? Could it even be a place to stay. Read on to learn the pros and cons of visiting and living in California. www.travelrows.com
The Pros of Visiting California
* Hollywood is, of course, one of California’s most iconic sights. Come here and you can revel in the history of the Golden Age of cinema, or perhaps do some star spotting along Hollywood Boulevard, or in the Hollywood Hills.
* Further north, Big Sur beckons, with its beautiful coastal towns and stunning Pacific views backed by majestic Redwood trees.
* Speaking of trees, in California you can see some giant Sequoias – the giants of the woods, and plenty of other trees in the states national and state parks – which include famous Yosemite, King’s Canyon and Sequoia National Parks.
* In Central California, you will find some of the best wine producing regions in the world – the perfect place for a wine-tasting tour, and there are plenty more great places to drink, and to eat, in San Francisco.
* There you can explore Haight Ashbury and relive the summer of love, take a stroll in Golden Gate Park, see the Golden Gate Bridge, visit Alcatraz and much, much more.
Those are just some of the many highlights that the state has to offer.
The Cons of Visiting California
* California has something for everyone. But not every part of the state will suit everyone. Some may not enjoy the heat to the south, while others may find the mountain regions far too cold.
* LA in particular, but also other cities, are very car orientated, so this can be a challenge. Traffic can be terrible and the driving standards sometimes leave something to be desired.
The Pros of Living in California
* Northern California is a laid back, liberal and welcoming place – perfect for those with an interest in social rights, and the transition to a sustainable future. If you like a place with an open-minded and progressive attitude, this could be the right place for you.
* Towards the north of the state, Silicon Valley is the epicenter of technological progress – with plenty of jobs for those who feel at home in the digital world.
* On the other hand, if you like to be at the centre of things, are pursuing a career on the silver screen, lively Los Angeles could be the place for you.
The Cons of Living in California
* They say that living in southern California makes you hard, and northern California makes you soft. What will suit one will be a nightmare for others. Some find the laid back attitude further north frustrating, while others find LA, with its heavy traffic and constant-go something of a strain.
* California’s main cities can be rather expensive, while further out in wilder parts of the state, the infrastructure can most definitely leave something to be desired.
The truth of the matter is that in a state this big, there is something and somewhere to suit everyone’s tastes, both for vacations and relocations.