Venice, not the more popular one in Italy, but the one south of Sarasota and along Florida’s Gulf Coast, is fast becoming a popular tourist destination. The atmosphere in Venice, Florida is so exhilarating that it was once voted one of the “happiest seaside towns in the USA.” Whether you’re considering visiting or moving there, we’ll discuss a few pros and cons to make your decision easier. www.travelrows.com
Visiting Venice, Florida
Thinking of taking a trip alone or with family and friends? With four beaches and several other attractions to choose from, Venice has plenty for everyone to do. This small town has a population of about 23,000 people distributed across all ages. Below are some pros and cons to consider before deciding to visit the city.
The Pros of visiting Venice
- There’re a lot of attractions to check out, so you can’t run out of places to explore.
- You can go golfing during your vacation because Venice has several golf courses around – all under an hour’s drive.
- The fishing pier is available for you with fishing charters to help tourists.
- You can go for an adventure shark tooth hunting on Caspersen Beach, which gave Venice its name as the ‘Shark’s Tooth Capital of the World.’
- It’s okay to visit the city at any time of the year since it has warm weather all year round.
- You and your kids have a wide variety of theme parks to choose from. Universal, Disney, and Busch
- Gardens are possible destinations for the whole family.
- A visit to Downtown Venice, which has architecture reminiscent of the Italian city of the same name, is sure to be a delight for lovers of architecture.
The Cons of visiting Venice
- There’re a lot of bugs flying around so you have to be extra careful when eating outside. Ensure that you pack your bug spray along when you visit.
- If you’re not traveling by car, there’re not a lot of transport options. Buses are the only means by which you can get around and they’re not available everywhere.
- It can get very crowded as more people travel, especially during summer.
- History buffs will be disappointed because there’re not as many historical landmarks to visit.
Living in Venice, Florida
If you’re confused about whether or not to move to Venice permanently, this section might be of help. Here’re the pros and cons to consider if you want to move to Venice.
The Pros of living in Venice
- It has ample employment opportunities and high paying jobs
- There’re top-notch schools in the area
- Residents enjoy great weather almost throughout the year.
- Since the beach is close-by, you can visit it as often as you want without traveling long distances.
- It has an attractive setting with a lot of impressive scenery.
- The climate makes it conducive to grow crops like grapefruit and oranges in your yard.
The Cons of living in Venice
- It has a high cost of living because of the increasing population.
- Traffic there is high due to the many tourists in the city
Venice is a popular destination for many tourists, and more people are opting to live in the city. It’s fast becoming one of the best vacation spots in Florida.